Join FIRST STEPS'
A Program for Pregnant Women
and Families with Children Birth to Age 3
What can Early Headstart offer?
FOR YOUR CHILD:
Fun learning activities
Access to the Playmobile Van
FOR YOUR FAMILY:
Fun activities at home or center
Help to get other community services
Who is Eligible?
Families who meet the following income guidelines:
Call the Early Headstart program an the Fremont County Family Center to receive income eligibility information.
(Based on gross household income for the past 12 months)
How Do I APPLY?
Fill out and return a pre-application to:
Fremont County Family Center
1333 Elm Ave.
Canon City, CO 81212
If your child is accepted, a FIRST STEPS' Early Headstart staff member will contact you for additional information.
You will be asked to have the following information:
1. Birth certificate of child you are enrolling. (We can assist you to get this.)
2. Immunization Record and/or Health Care Passport of child
3. Social Security numbers of child and parents
4. Copy of EBT Balance Inquiry from DSS
5. Proof of household income for past 12 months or the previous tax year (income tax, payroll records, etc.)
6. Emergency phone numbers
All information is kept confidential.